March 4, 2008

1st Attempt

After weeks of coveting a fabric bird cage sold in my favorite store Anthropologie, I decided to make one of my own. So, here it is. I'm quite pleased with the out come of my shabby bird cage. It was much easier to make than I thought it would be. I think the price of the bird cage in Anthropolgie ($198.00) intimidated me. However, my birds do need some modifications. They look a bit mean and snooty. I envision happy birds with happy eyes and a happy smile. These birds look like they've been constipated for weeks. They also look part fish. Hmmm... I'll work on it.

I've already started making another cage with a wider base and a cohesive color scheme. I'll do a post along with a tutorial when it's completed.
Another cute little thing I'm interested in making are these softies by Emily Martin of The Black Apple. Emily is going to be on the Martha Stewart Show (March 11th) demonstrating how to make those ever so cute little edgy dolls. I can't wait to make them.
Jamie

1 comment:

jade said...

Jamie... I love your birdcage!!! It has actually been on my 'to do' project list.
So very cute!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Jennifer