As you can see, I made another bird (or birds)and twig swing. This craft is very easy to make and once you have figured out how to attach the bird to the twig, you can get creative with all sorts of variations. This particular birdie and swing is Christmas themed, but it can easily be a converted into a year around ornament for the house. Below is a tutorial on how to make the Love Birds Sitting In A Swing, along with a link to the bird pattern.
~ 2 sticks, one approximately 5" and the other 9" (should be bendable)
~ Perle Cotton or Embroidery floss (2 colors)
~2 birds or 1 if you prefer (poor lonely bird). Click here for the bird pattern.
~ Desired embellishment materials
1. Make the bird or birds.
2. Wrap the stick with cotton floss. Begin at one end, with 1" cotton tail in front. Wrap around the tail to secure it. Continue to wrap all the way to the opposite end and back again. Do not cut the cotton floss.
3. Sew the bird to the stick. Wrap the cotton floss to the desired place where you want the bird to sit. Place the bird on the stick. Wrap the cotton floss around the stick. As you wrap the cotton floss, stitch through the bottom of the bird. I like to work from right to left, so I flipped the stick when I began to sew the bird to the stick. Make sure the bird is secure before moving on.
4. Repeat step 3 for the second bird.
5. Secure the cotton floss by tying a knot and sliding the needle under the cotton floss. Cut cotton floss at base.
6. Wrap the longer stick in the desired cotton floss color.
8. Repeat step 7 with opposite side.
9. Embellish the swing as you please.
10. Share your birdie and swing with all of us by linking to your creation in the comment section.
Please join the Pretty Ditty Show and Tell flickr group and share your Woodland Love Bird creation.