January 6, 2008

Baby it's cold outside!


Being that it's January and cold here in SoCal, I think it's only appropriate to show you a scarf I made last year, and share the pattern with you. I'm a beginner to intermediate (on a good day) knitter, so anyone can knit this. I must admit I could have done a better job hiding the ends of the yarn. I have issues with that, so I've concluded that I like the raggedy unfinished look =)

This lovely scarf was designed by the talented Miss Heather from Noble Knits.

I did add a thin strand of silver yarn to color A.
Lastly, the tassels! They are what makes the scarf, so I will do my best in explaining how to make them. With the yarn you use in the scarf, wrap a good amount of it around a book. The book should be the length you want your tassels to be. Next, cut one end of the yarn group. This will release the yarn group from the book. Tie a piece of yarn around the middle of the group. Now fold the group so that the yarn that is tied around it will be at the top. Tie another piece of yarn horizontally 2" down from the 1st tie. Now you should have a cute over sized tassel. Go ahead and tie it to your scarf. If I butchered the directions for making a tassel, I'm sure you can Google "how to make a tassel" and get better directions. My feelings won't be hurt =)

Jamie

1 comment:

Jillian Renee said...

very cute scarf and it looks warm!