July 28, 2010

Sunny Day pattern shoot


I made a slide show of the Sunny Day pattern shoot via Image Shack. Thanks to the hospitality of Kaj and Crystal, who were so generous to let us use their home for a set, this shoot will always be memorable to me. Their intimate  home supplied an abundant of backdrops for the models. I most enjoyed the beauty of their backyard English Garden, which set the stage for the wonder Pierre tried to create. On top of that, the home's close proximity to the the beach added the coastal air and summer carefree sun which the Sunny Day Dress reminds me most of.

Crystal is an interior designer and it is obvious by the charm and originality of her home that she is very talented at her profession.  I wish she had a blog because her work is harmonious.  For example, she made a pillow and stitched a branch with a felted flower to the pillow.  She lined the inside of her cabinets with a beautiful vintage inspired wallpaper and trimmed it with black rick rack.  The backyard is an English garden that could easily provoke the thoughts of fairies and talking animals in a little girls imagination.  AND Crystal loves Anthropologie!  If she ever starts a blog I'll be sure to let you all know.

The models are friends of my sister. They were perfect for the pattern.  Francis modeled the dress and Christalle modeled the skirt.  Francis works at an organic hair salon and is a mom to a 4 year old little girl.  Christalle studied fashion design, so I tried to pick her brain as much as I could without loosing focus on the shoot.  Stacie (seen reading a book in the above slide show) modeled a piece for another pattern that I'm working on.  More to come on that.  Taryn Goedart was the make-up artist whom herself could have easily been one of the models.  She has the sweetest face sprinkled with freckles.  I love freckles.  As most of you already know, Pierre Olivier was the photographer for the shoot.  He always knows how to capture the mood and look I want to be portrayed in a shoot.  He is getting quite busy and popular in his photography career.  I always enjoy reading about his other shoots on his blog.  My sister was my right hand woman.  She styled, organized, and did anything and everything I needed.   She's the best!

The shoot is always one of the highlights for me in putting a pattern together. I find great enjoyment from the collaboration that these shoots create. Everyone is able to share their craft with mine, and have a blast while doing so!  It's rather poetic watching it come together in a shoot.

Cheers,

Jamie        

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all of the fabrics you are choosing as of late. They make such delightful looking dresses.

Di

jacqueline said...

Such fun!! Thanks so much for sharing ~ i really enjoy reading it. Looking forward to my pattern to arrive! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Chrystal said...

The photos turned out lovely. Congratulations on your hard work and beautiful designs. And yes, I am a die hard anthro fan... guilty as charged! I love your blog. Take care Jamie, wishing you all the best!