January 26, 2009

I can't stop.....

Penny


...making peg dolls.  I think every craftster experiences the dilemma of to work or to create. However, I figured out a way to justify the creating as work.... sort of. For example, I made Penny (above) for my niece.  Making Penny falls into the work category, because she wasn't for me, BUT instead she was a birthday present for my niece, AND  I am blogging about Penny the peg doll, AND the blog is somewhat work related (my shops are linked), THEREFORE... doll making is work! Phew - I feel less guilty now. 

Penny's "vintage purse" is needle felted (yet another obsession). I also needle felted the buttons on her dress as well as the trim. I'm really excited about the dress, because I designed the dress to be removable by attaching a snap to the back of the dress. It's a super easy dress pattern. There's just one front piece, two back pieces and the collar pieces. That's it! No hemming, because it's made of wool felt.



Penny's headband


Along with the doll, I put together a peg doll kit for my niece. Now, she can make Penny some friends.


Kit


Because the dress pattern was so easy, I also made my daughter a peg doll.


Penelope


This is Penelope, but my daughter calls her Ella =)

Cheers,

Jamie

16 comments:

Brossettelewis said...

Uh ohh. My 3 yr old wants the "little red girl" (she's a little red head girl too). This mommy is not that skilled (but is having visions of the whole family...6 of us...in clothespin form). Are all those wooden pieces something Joann's would have? One day they are going to thank you for my visits. I always show up with a printed off post of your in hand asking where "this" stuff is.

Pretty Ditty said...

Oh, I bet your daughter is a cutie. Love red heads!
Yes, you can get the stuff at Joann's, but I prefer Michael's peg doll supplies over Joann's. The heads fit better.

I am thinking about putting some kits together with the dress pattern and listing them in my shop. If I do, I'll post about it here.

Anonymous said...

How unbelievably cute! Those dresses and accessories are just perfection! I think I need one for my desk!

GoyaDesigns said...

Very Jackie O.
Did you make the light box? Is that what you use to take your pix?

Pretty Ditty said...

I don't use a light box. I use 2 sheets of computer paper and look for the perfect lighting in my house. One sheet is behind the doll and one is on the bottom.

Erica Kelly said...

your daughter is so very lucky!! that bird and basket is to die for!

i want one made of me!!! :P

Pamelamama said...

so cute!

Anonymous said...

Jamie! GORGEOUS dress. So clever. Very much liked your reasoning regarding 'work'. Sounds like someone I know... No names! Keep on making those little peg dolls, they are really beautiful.

PS. I have taken note of your birdcage tutorial... will let you know when (if) I get around to making one. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Clasheen said...

I am enjoying your blog! check out the award that I have left you today on mine!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, not sure if you have my blog address, it is http://www.clasheen.wordpress.com !

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your blog n your shop!! I love Penelope alot...love her dress too! I want one too. heehee Have a merry weekend!

Anonymous said...

these are all way too cute. where do they live when you're finished with them (those that aren't gifts)?

Mary said...

There is so much beautiful detail in each doll. I love their painted faces, beautiful dresses and accessories.

Pretty Ditty said...

Thank you very much for the compliments.

Kangaroo - Currently, they live in my Gramps' hutch.
Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness these are so cute! I can't get enough!

www.mueblesencorbera.com said...

In my opinion everybody should browse on this.