June 3, 2008

Yummy and healthy

Cauliflower, banana, and the Jessica Seinfeld cookbook all combined makes...


banana bread with cauliflower puree in it. Of coarse there are some other ingredients used such as whole wheat flour, cinnamon, and brown sugar. It tastes as good as it smells! The crazy thing is, I don't even like cauliflower. I've never acquired a taste for it, and as far as I'm concerned, cauliflower tastes like dried brain. Even though I have never tasted brain, I can only imagine that's how it would taste (the brainy image does tricks on my taste buds). Anyways, my point is that this banana bread recipe is soooo good, and since it has the cauliflower in it, I get a healthy dose of vitamin c. I usually eat 3/4 of the loaf to make up for any lost nutrients that occur during the steaming (cauliflower) and baking process. Jessica Seinfeld's cook book is loaded with great recipes that cleverly sneak in vegetables. My second most used recipe is the turkey burgers with feta cheese, carrot puree, and soy sauce. It's a great cook book if you have a picky non-vegetable eating person or persons in your household. Here is a link to the cook book Deceptively Delicious.
*A store update*
You may have noticed the store looks a little sparse and that's because it is. Next week I will be away from my sewing machine, so I took off the aprons that needed to be sewn. The aprons that are up in the shop are already made and can be shipped. Also, don't forget to check in on Saturday for the details of the apron giveaway. Super excited!
Jamie

No comments: