April 15, 2008

LA International Textile Show

Yesterday, I went to Los Angeles to attend the International Textile Show. Sadly to say, unlike my last visit to LA, I didn't encounter any celebs =(. However, I did see a lot of eye candy. I'm talking about textiles...I know what you were thinking. One of my favorite textile designers Etsuko Furuya is coming out with a couple of new designs, and I was all over it like white on rice.



I also got a chance to preview Sandi Henderson's new textile line titled Farmers Market. I don't have any pictures to show you because when I first arrived at the show I was informed by security that if I took any pictures I would, no lie, be "tackled." After sizing up all of the security guys, I came to the conclusion that I didn't want Terry Tate the office linebacker to give me the boo-ya while I try to sneak a pic. Besides, the security guys weren't all that easy on the eyes. I mean if they looked like Eric Bana or Christian Bale... well then in that case, I would bring a big ol' camera with a zoom lens and start shooting away. Just kidding! The only reason why I got the pic of Etsuko Furuya's new fabric line is because the fabric Reps were kind enough to give me permission. I wish I could show you how beautiful Sandi Henderson's new fabric line is. You can be sure a couple of Ditties will be made out of it.


Jamie

No comments: