February 17, 2008

Pretty Ditty Pie

mmmmm.... me like-ee a lot!!!!


I spent some much needed time with family and friends this weekend. Lately, I've been so busy with work that I haven't had much of a social life. It became obvious to me that I needed to reconnect with friends and family when I found myself writing very long "thank you" emails to people who purchased my aprons=)

I made this Blueberry Banana Cream Pie for a recent get-together with friends. It is ridiculously delicious, and very easy to make. As a cook, I fall into the Semi-Homemade Cooking category. Rarely, if ever, do I make something from scratch. Don't get me wrong. I admire all of those crafty blogs out there that seem to make everything from waffles to 6 coarse meals from scratch. I've always joked with my friends that my first recipe on my blog would go something like this:
Rich Chocolate Brownies
  1. Get in your car and drive to the nearest grocery store.
  2. Quickly get out of your car and safely walk into the store.
  3. Make sure your dinner guests aren't in the grocery store.
  4. Go to the baking isle and pass up all of that from scratch stuff like flour, sugar, oil, and etc.
  5. Grab the brownie mix that only needs water as an ingredient.
  6. Purchase it.
  7. Make the brownies, then discard any evidence that would suggest the brownies weren't made from scratch.
  8. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

I have good news for you. Brownies will not be my first recipe. The recipe for my Blueberry Banana Cream Pie comes from a sweet friend of mine named Tracy. If it weren't for her I'd still be making boxed brownies =)

Blueberry Banana Cream Pie

  1. 1 deep dish frozen pie crust (cook according to directions & let cool)
  2. Mix 1 cup of sugar with 8 ounces of cream cheese (set aside)
  3. Prepare 1 package of Dream Whip according to directions on the box.
  4. Combine sugar mixture with the Dream Whip.
  5. Layer pie crust with sliced bananas and then fill with cream mixture.
  6. Refrigerate overnight to set.
  7. Serve it with blueberry pie filling on top ( i like Comstock)

Jamie

1 comment:

My Happy Turtle said...

ohmygosh! that pie looks fantastic! those photos are making me want to grab a midnight snack!