I spent some much needed time with family and friends this weekend. Lately, I've been so busy with work that I haven't had much of a social life. It became obvious to me that I needed to reconnect with friends and family when I found myself writing very long "thank you" emails to people who purchased my aprons=)
I made this Blueberry Banana Cream Pie for a recent get-together with friends. It is ridiculously delicious, and very easy to make. As a cook, I fall into the Semi-Homemade Cooking category. Rarely, if ever, do I make something from scratch. Don't get me wrong. I admire all of those crafty blogs out there that seem to make everything from waffles to 6 coarse meals from scratch. I've always joked with my friends that my first recipe on my blog would go something like this:
Rich Chocolate Brownies
- Get in your car and drive to the nearest grocery store.
- Quickly get out of your car and safely walk into the store.
- Make sure your dinner guests aren't in the grocery store.
- Go to the baking isle and pass up all of that from scratch stuff like flour, sugar, oil, and etc.
- Grab the brownie mix that only needs water as an ingredient.
- Purchase it.
- Make the brownies, then discard any evidence that would suggest the brownies weren't made from scratch.
- Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
I have good news for you. Brownies will not be my first recipe. The recipe for my Blueberry Banana Cream Pie comes from a sweet friend of mine named Tracy. If it weren't for her I'd still be making boxed brownies =)
Blueberry Banana Cream Pie
- 1 deep dish frozen pie crust (cook according to directions & let cool)
- Mix 1 cup of sugar with 8 ounces of cream cheese (set aside)
- Prepare 1 package of Dream Whip according to directions on the box.
- Combine sugar mixture with the Dream Whip.
- Layer pie crust with sliced bananas and then fill with cream mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight to set.
- Serve it with blueberry pie filling on top ( i like Comstock)