February 22, 2008

Big Sister Syndrome


As you may already know, I don't do so well with real birds (example), so I made a couple of pretend birds for me to love =). I am in the process of making a cage for the birds, which surprisingly is coming together rather easily. There may be a Pretty Ditty pattern in the works for it. I'll keep you updated.


Keeping with the bird theme, I'm excited about making an apron out of this fabric.




Brown polka dot fabric will compliment it quite nicely. I'm thinking another half corset apron might be the best design for the fabric. Hmmmmm we'll see.

Lastly, I'm going to get my hair cut and colored by my little Sis. I'm in need of a makeover, and I'm thinking of doing something kinda drastic. I'll leave it up to Julia (sis) for the antidote to my boring style ailment.


Sometimes I get a little nervous about getting my hair cut by my sister. She is 5 years younger than me and unfortunately suffered some minimal older sister abuse. This was a looooong time ago. Besides it was nothing too bad.... well OK, maybe threatening her with bodily harm and a butter knife in my hand might have been a little excessive. There was that other time that I told her she had better not go to sleep at night because she would likely not see daybreak. In my defense I was provoked, and I have apologized for almost all of it. I tease... because I love. You're not buying it are you?


I love my sister and always have. No, I'm not just saying that because she is going to do my hair. I do get a little nervous (have i already mentioned i get a little nervous?), when I'm sitting in her chair and without a moments notice she gets a far off look as if she is having flashbacks of some suppressed childhood memory. When she comes back around, she then zeros in on me with a scary look on her face and says "I think I know what I want to do with you......er....uh..... I mean your hair." She then begins to snatch up my hair and brush it the way I pet birds, which is way too hard. She then tells me that I have a sensitive head. Hmmmm sensitive head or revenge? You tell me!

Seriously, there's nothing but love in this family. My sister totally rocks it every time she does my hair, but she does brush a little too hard =)

Jamie

No comments: