September 11, 2009

I can remember...

American flag

...my husband calling me on the phone that particular morning and telling me to turn on the news.

I can remember all of the American flags that hung from the overpasses over the 5 freeway as I drove to my mom's house.

I can remember my husband calling a good friend of ours and asking if his family was OK. Our friend told us they couldn't get a hold of his brother who worked in the Twin Towers.

I can remember going to a football game the weekend after 9/11, and when they sang the national anthem... it had new meaning to me. Since 9/11, singing the national anthem is one of my favorite things to do at a football game.

I love my country =)

Jamie

5 comments:

kayerj said...

I love my country too, I've also posted about 9-11 today. here’s my link

Trudy said...

I don't think we'll ever forget.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and I love your country too. The normal folks, who love their families, who sew and cook and do all those normal things, like the families in Iraq and Afghanistan who have had their lives shattered since Bush invaded, with no proof of WMD, no restorative game plan, to make his father proud. Here's to the lives of all those affected by the atrocities of violence and war, wherever they may be. May hope and love never leave their hearts. And may we learn to heal, and not fight.

Anna

perdoozy said...

thanks for mentioning this, jamie:)

i also remember a flag outside everyone's home for quite awhile. it's too bad that we have to try and "remember" something like that.... flags should be posted on every house, every day. anyone who is reading this and doesn't have a flag, go out and buy one! it will make you feel good to see it everytime you drive up to your house:)

Mary said...

Amen...