July 15, 2009

Miniatures and links


I have just discovered Tilt Shift (I would link to the blog that led me to Tilt Shift, but I forgot who it was... Dang!) and have spent far too much time turning most of my Hawaii pics into miniatures. If you haven't already visited the site, I recommend you make sure you have an hour or so to spend on it. Basically, you upload a photo and Tilt shift makes it look like a miniature. Even people look like miniatures. Just like Godzilla attacking Tokyo. Here is the original photo...

Hooray for simple pleasures!

I have a couple of links I've been meaning to share. The first being a new etsy shop. My friend Mare is an artist in every sense of the word. Whatever craft she embarks upon, whether it be painting, knitting, felting, or jewelry making, she does it with skill and poetic creativity. Her shop is called Anything But Ordinary which sums it up in a nut shell. Here's the link.

The Future Craft Collective is both convicting and inspiring.

I am a new fan of these 2 blogs (Blueprints and Cold Antler Farm) via whip up.

Monday night I made Ree Drummond's Cowboy Nachos. Super good, but man did our tummies pay for it the next morning. We're not use to such hardy cowboy food.

I really want to buy...
a Library Kit ...
an Ice Cream maker...
the book The Private Life of Tasha Tudor.

Cheers,

Jamie

1 comment:

GoyaDesigns said...

Ok, if it just me, but the two pix look the same. The top one just has a fuzzier background. Maybe I need to look at it better.

I giggled when I read you want an ice-cream maker cuz I want one for my b-day. Weird thing to ask for I know, but not so crazy when one is a summer baby.

Your friends jewelry is very pretty. I will have to add her to my favorites on etsy.