August 5, 2008

Pop Garden Fabric



Well, well, well, what do we have here? Some very happy fabric for the fabric store! It's called Pop Garden, if you didn't already know, and it's by Heather Bailey. It has that color combo that I'm such a sucker for - red, blue, and yellow. I think I'm going to have to make a table cloth or a table runner out of it. It doesn't really go with my house, but then again nothing really flows in terms of theme in my house. I'm forever going in and out of phases, and my budget doesn't really allow me to completely redecorate every 3 to 6 months. Instead, I just put it together and hope no one notices that I have a beach theme living room with bright modern art in the dining room and handmade country looking stuff mixed with a little Greek art in the family room. I once read somewhere, and I'm paraphrasing, "never pass up a great find purely on the basis that it doesn't go with the house. If you like it you like it." I've held on to that.


Jamie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I agree wholeheartedly with your design theories and have recently noticed the 'untheme' going on around my house too. It's great to look at everything I love though, hope you enjoy it all!

Pretty Ditty said...

I like that "untheme" term. That will be what I call my house theme - untheme =) Thanks!

GoyaDesigns said...

A table cloth and/or runner is a simple way to decorate and redecorate to your hearts content within a budget. Great idea and great fabric! I also like the term of "untheme". It is very Alice and Wonderlandish. "untheme" is much sweeter than eclectic.