May 19, 2008

Tinkering

I learned something new this weekend. I learned how to change this...



into this...


Please don't say you like the first one better. It will make me very sad and I will crawl into a cave and feel sorry for myself and I won't come out until I smell chocolate brownies baking in the oven. Seriously, I worked hours on this. I am extremely Photoshop illiterate but I am determined to change this. I used this tutorial by blurbomat.com to enhance this pic. I love the way the photographer's tutorial picture turned out. However, the tutorial is from October 2006 and I have Photoshop Elements which makes it difficult to get through one particular step. All in all, I like the finished product. If you happen to know how to add a mask with Elements, please tell me.


I do have to tell you that I came upon the tutorial via Elsa Nora's blog. I could easily spend a couple of hours on her blog and not realize it. She is an amazing artist whom I find to be very inspiring. Reading her blog is time well spent. Plus, she is always doing some sort of give-a-way.


As for the puppy in the pic, that's my dog-in-law Lucy. Mmmmmwah! I love to squeeze on that butterball whenever I get a chance.


Jamie

No comments: