It's been awhile since I've made an apron. So much so that I actually had to break out my instructions to make sure I made it correctly. I made the above pictured apron for my son's kindergarten class raffle basket. The basket's theme was "baking" and I was very excited to contribute an apron to the cause. One mother suggested that I fulfill the theme by making a Pillsbury themed type of apron...uh...OK. Anyhoo...I used the half-apron version of the Cupcake apron pattern with the tulle underskirt option. If you look real close you can see the black tulle peeking out from underneath the apron.
When I wrote the instructions for the Cupcake apron, I purposely designed the tulle underskirt to require 9" of netting. The reason for 9" is that it allows you to use birdcage veiling as an option. Birdcage veiling is available in 9" widths, which makes it very convenient to use. Quite some time ago, I made an apron with black birdcage veiling, but my sister snatched it up before I could take any pics of it. Sisters! Even as grown ups we still take each other's clothes. What can you do about it :)