May 4, 2010

Ella's upcycled sock dress

   The other day my daughter asked me if she could use my fabric scissors.  "Why?" I asked.  She told me it was a surprise and promised to ONLY use the scissors on fabric.  About 10 minutes later she emerged from her room with this...


A cute mini!  Maybe too mini, but a mini.  Ella here is wearing a B-Girl original upcycled sock.  Three snips and voila! I just love the cowl neckline.

Not only is she a designer, but a hairstylist too.  Yep!  That there rocker hairstyle was cut by my B-girl.  She also gave her American Girl doll bangs... very short bangs.  I can't show you the picture because it freaks my mom out (she bought her the doll).  As long as she doesn't cut her own hair, I'm fine with it.  Right?

Are you wondering what the heck happened to Ella's left hand?  I think we all know who's calling card that is...


Nothing can escape the wrath of Shoog the Boog.

Cheers,

Jamie

4 comments:

Drea said...

Not only do you have a future designer on your hands, you have an eco designer. That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Love Mr. Shoog there! Looks like all that hand chewing wore him out. LOL

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Jill said...

What a great dress. Making Barbie clothes was one of my first crafty endeavors too! No-sew tied bikinis were always a favorite of mine!

GoyaDesigns said...

this blogs brought back happy memories of my sister and I making Barbie clothes....and bedding. Yup, we even made them wallets with mastercards. Thank you for bringing me a smile.