July 22, 2009

The second life of a dress


Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

You. Me. 10,000 monkeys. Daaancing.

No, but close. Look at the trim.


That there trim has the potential of becoming a really cute scarf. The dress is a hand-me-down from my sister and it doesn't fit me quite right. I'm not sure if I will add bobbles or cut it as wide as the previous scarf I made. Nevertheless, I do know its next life is going to be a scarf.

On another note, if you happen to be in the Fabric Shopper area, be sure to check out the Honey Girl Dress/Top pattern giveaway. The giveaway includes a Honey Girl pattern along with 3 yards of fabric from my shop Phat Fabric. I love giveaways! Don't you?

Good luck!

Jamie

2 comments:

Mary said...

Great idea! I think it would make a beautiful scarf.

BTW: I've seen your scarf tutorial link on other craft sites - how exciting!

Pretty Ditty said...

Thanks Lucky Knitter =)