November 4, 2008

A capelet for a sister.

Capelet

This capelet is suppose to be my sister's Christmas present, buuuut I want it! However, being as I still carry the burdensome guilt of all those years that I ...well... some would say "tortured her," (I prefer to say that I toughened her up) I will happily give it to her ;) Seriously, I love her so much, and to be quite honest, I get nervous thinking about giving it to her. She has a unique sense of style and I'm the older sister whom she no longer wants to borrow clothes from. I hope she likes her Christmas capelet.


To make the gift extra special, I used one of my Elsa Mora buttons on the capelet.





I lined it with polka dot fabric to add an element of surprise to the garment. I imagine a gust of wind sweeping up the capelet revealing a peekaboo of polka dots.





I thought the pattern was vintage, as in no longer in print, but it's not. Let me explain. When I bought the pattern on Ebay, I had typed in a search for vintage capelet pattern, and up popped this pattern. When I recieved it, I noticed the words Retro Butterick '52 on the cover of the pattern. Now, I'm no Einstein, but I'm pretty sure people in the 50's didn't know they were retro until the 90's or so. Plus, you can purchase the pattern here on the Butterick site. Also, just to let you know, if you haven't yet purchased a pattern from Butterick, you'll be happy to know that your first pattern is free (you do have to pay for shipping). Wish I had known that before I bought the pattern. Guess where the fabric is from???? That's right....Phat Fabric of course.


Don't forget the give-away is still going on. I am laughing out loud at most of the comments. There are some pretty clever Halloween costumes out there.


Jamie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I love this! If I didn't have such broad shoulders I would totally make one for myself.

Colleen said...

It's beautiful!! You have one lucky sister.

Bobbinoggin said...

of course she'll love your gift. it's marvelous! :) and begging of a matching hat to go with. ;)

Anonymous said...

Perfect.
Perfect.
Perfect.
Congrazz.

Pretty Ditty said...

Thanks for the compliments on the capelet.

www.empresas3d.com said...

Thanks so much for the article, pretty useful data.