I finished this apron (Pop Full Lola Apron) yesterday, listed it, and sold it. Even though it is sold, I still had to write about it, because I did some new tricks with the little ditty. Usually, I gather or use darts at the waist line to give the apron shape, however with this apron, I decided to go with pleats. I also applied my new favorite trick; the 3 thread rolled hem over lock stitch (every time i write that, i feel like Ralphie from The Christmas story - Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!). I used that particular stitch for all of the red stitching. It reminds me of when I was in 1st grade and started outlining whatever picture that I was coloring, with a really bright color. I would press my crayon down really hard and trace the picture. My six year old eyes felt like my picture looked neat and clean because of the outlining. I feel like the overlock stitch does the same thing for my apron.
Lastly, the ruffles! I was definitely in a ruffle-y mood when I made this apron. I find it funny how sometimes I'm motivated to make an apron with skulls on it, and other times I want the apron to look as southern sweet as possible.