July 31, 2008

Do you like Purple?



First of all, a big HELLO and WELCOME to readers from The Crafty Crow. I was so excited to find out that my Finger Knitting Tutorial was featured on The Crafty Crow - pure awesomeness.

Now, about the aprons above. I love the color purple, and now that I think about it, I also love the movie. The Cars apron (1st pic) was a lot of fun to make for several reasons. 1) I haven't made a half apron for a while. 2) It's purple. 3) The polka-dotted ruffle. I made the ruffle the same way I made the ruffle on my yellow dress ,which was by serging the edges with a 3 thread rolled hem stitch and gathering the fabric with a running stitch. The fabric... well, it's gorgeous. It's by Echino (in my shop) and it's a cotton/linen blend. I already have plans to make a skirt out of the cars/polka dot combination. I don't think I have ever had a purple skirt before.... well....maybe back in Elementary school.

The second apron will be titled Fiesta or Festival. I haven't decided yet. I got a little ahead of myself with the Santa's Helpers apron, completely neglecting the other holidays that come before Christmas. I had Halloween in mind when I made the Fiesta/Festival apron, but it totally works for any occasion. To me, it's just one big party of color, lace and polka dots. Both aprons should be up in the shop this evening.

Lastly, I am putting the finishing touches on my first Pretty Ditty dress for the shop. I hope to have it up by next Monday at the latest. This is assuming there aren't any unforeseen problems occurring such as a MAJOR EARTHQUAKE! What's up with that?! I had a good shake since I live only a couple of miles from the epicenter. I should have known something was about to happen when approximately 2 minutes before the quake, my 13 year old dog, who doesn't move for anything, was suddenly alert and staring at me with big silver dollar sized eyes. Her ears were even perked up! As if I were in a Lassie movie, I felt like saying "What is it girl? Go on, you can tell me." In the future, I will pay more attention to my dog's effort in mental telepathy.



elliebelle said...

I LOVE the purple apron! Purple is a favorite of mine too. I also like your story about your dog. It is amazing how animals can sense those things.

Pretty Ditty said...

I am now a believer about animals knowing when some sort of catastrophe is going to happen.

Miranda said...

You know I do! Purple is my all time favorite color. I LOVE LOVE the Fiesta apron and see it's been sold already = GOOD FOR YOU!

I leave for vacation tomorrow and will put my request in when I return.

As usual = LOVE IT!

Sunni Standing said...

You are so creative! I love your shop and I'm so glad to be able to read about you!

Pretty Ditty said...

Thank you =)

saim said...

This one is your one of the nice blog dude I like it very much so I want to keep in touch with your blogs therefore post more blogs and thank you dear for sharing with us such nice information.

find doctor list

0Zero7 said...

Good tips are Great tips, I would like to join your blog anyway,
web hosting pakistan
reseller hosting

dannie setiawan said...

I'm really enjoying Cara Menghilangkan Lemak Di Perut reading your well written articles.

It appears to be Cara Mengecilkan Betis Dan Paha like such as you spend Cara Mengecilkan Perut Buncit numerous effort and time on your blog.